Ross University School of Medicine
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization’s purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 16,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Barbados, West Indies, before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.
This non-academic post will provide individual and group counseling to a diverse academic community of medical students and their families. Additional responsibilities will include assessment, crisis intervention, workshop development and facilitation, outreach, and consultation with other RUSM professionals and programs.
- Provide individual, mental health counselling, crisis intervention and case management to RUSM students
- Develop and facilitate outreach programming activities for the RUSM Community
- Participate in Quality Improvement and Peer Review activities
- Adhere to the ethical and legal standards of professional practice and behavior relevant to their field of training and licensure
- Maintain timely and accurate clinical notes in an electronic health record system
- Adhere to all Counseling Center policies
- Assist in the development and improvement of the Counseling Center operations
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with colleagues and campus community
- Provide consultation to colleagues as needed
- Actively engage in learning and utilization of evidence-informed interventions
- Position may require occasional evening and weekend hours
- Participate in on-going professional development, departmental, and RUSM professional meetings
- Doctorate (preferred) or Master’s (required) degree in Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Psychology or Social Work)
- Licensure/certification (or its equivalent)
- Evidence of providing effective individual and group mental health counseling services utilizing best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of effectively working in a fast-paced environment
- Evidence of cultural humility in clinical practice
- Evidence of crisis intervention experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with diverse student populations
- Strong technological skills
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
With more than 14,000 alumni practicing throughout North America,Ross University School of Medicine has been providing students with the foundation to pursue successful careers in medicine since 1978. The Ross experience is “Dedita Scientiae Medendi” – dedicated to the science of healing – and we are proud of our rich tradition of preparing students for their life’s work as physicians. Students complete medical sciences coursework at our new world-class campus in Barbados, followed by clinical education in the United States at leading teaching hospitals across the country.
Ross is proud to fulfill a social mission by educating a diverse group of skilled doctors who practice primary care, work in medically underserved areas, and are more representative overall of the communities in which they serve. Learn more about Ross University School of Medicine, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.medical.rossu.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.
Higher Education, Education Management, and Hospital & Health Care
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita bb.linkedin.com.