Compliance Manager (Senior)
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
About Group Compliance
Group Compliance is looking for a dynamic individual to join the Regulation, Culture and Governance team. The core purpose of the Group Compliance department is to ensure that Discovery Group’s core purpose and reputation is protected. The immediate 3-year ambition of the Group Compliance department is to be the most respected and trusted compliance practice in the financial services sector. The department’s tagline is «Visible, Trusted and Respected».
Designing and implementation of a compliance risk management process that includes the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks that are faced by the relevant business unit.
- Providing guidance to the business and executive management to ensure that business objectives (strategic and operational) are aligned to the Regulatory Framework and Exposure profile of the business.
- Continuously monitor the Compliance Exposure on the Regulatory Frameworks applicable to the business and amending the level of exposure as required.
- Regular reporting and feedback to boards, committees and senior management on incidents, regulatory developments and other developments within the compliance environment.
- Ensure delivery against a defined compliance work plan.
- Drafting of policies and frameworks to effectively manage compliance risk.
- Ensure timeous implementation of new and amended regulatory requirements.
- Set direction for compliance activities / workplan for the relevant business unit
- Oversight and management of staff and all staff related activities
Education; Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Legislative Knowledge and interpretation
- Authoring policies and other documents
- 5 – 10 years’ compliance specific experience with 10 years’ experience in the management and implementation of Compliance Frameworks, including staff management.
- Experience with the implementation and delivery of Compliance within a corporate environment in the Financial Services industry
- Experience in management and review of CRMPs and identification of compliance risk
- Experiencing in Compliance Monitoring as well as in tracking and monitoring of Compliance Monitoring findings and recommendations.
- 5 years’ data privacy compliance specific experience
- 5 years’ corporate governance specific experience
- CIPP advantageous
- CPrac advantageous
Role Specific Competencies
- Leadership and management skills
- Stakeholder management
- Reporting and presentation skills
- Critical thinking
- Assess and interpret risks
- Communication skills
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making skills
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Networking and relationship building
- Business modelling and risk management
- Analytical skills
- Implementation of action plans/processes and monitoring progress
- Detail orientated
- Drafting of policies and frameworks
- Development and oversight of implementation of multiple action plans across business units
- Business Acumen
- Global mindset
- Managing diversity
- Transdisciplinary thinking
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Information Technology and Services, Insurance, and Financial Services