Who is Standards Australia?
We are a unique and independent organisation, recognised by the Australian Government as the peak non-government Standards body. We develop internationally aligned Australian Standards in the national interest and work closely with government, industry, consumer, and stakeholder groups to create standards that shape and improve the lives of all Australians. This is at the very heart of what we stand for and what we do every day.
Standards Australia (SA) is experiencing an exciting period of growth embarking on a number of new projects, which would see our current team of 220+ employees grow substantially in 2021. We are developing new and exciting Standards in the areas of artificial intelligence, smart cities, and supporting resilient communities.
We are in the heart of the CBD close to Wynyard, Martin Place and Sydney Light Rail connections. We have a collaborative, flexible, friendly, and professional working environment where we encourage self-growth and career development.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a wide range of people and industries. The Project Manager will facilitate and manage the development of Australian and International Standards, with technical experts and external stakeholders, to produce a range of publications designed to deliver net benefit to the Australian community. The role encompasses project management, stakeholder management and operational support, including monitoring and reporting on project plans, milestones, and deliverables, to ensure time and quality indicators are met.
- Manage the development of standards and related documents (i.e.: handbooks and technical publications) through constructively managing stakeholder input.
- Build and support working relationships with project stakeholders, always upholding the Standards Australia brand.
- Promote and coordinate Australian participation in the development of international standards.
- Establish, progress, and maintain standards development plans and project deliverables using the organisation’s enterprise project management system.
- Provide committee operational support, including coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, meeting documentation and a range of other tasks to support project management delivery.
- Provide guidance to committees and other stakeholders on standardisation and the standards development process.
- Establish new committees, review membership of existing committees and ensure stakeholder records are current.
- Regularly liaise with relevant Sector Manager representative(s), sharing portfolio knowledge and identifying potential business opportunities.
- Regularly collaborate with cross functional internal stakeholders (e.g., the Customer Success team, Publishing Services, Project Office, Legal Counsel).
- Support the media and communications team to enable effective and efficient response to media enquiries in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for a team player who enjoys dealing with a diverse group of people, is customer focused and willing to learn and further develop within the role.
- Experience in managing stakeholders and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience leading groups with different interests to gain agreement and facilitating meetings will be highly regarded.
- Experience utilising project management methodologies will be highly regarded.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to take initiative, deliver results, and have a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to problem solve using a customer centric approach and with a solution focused mindset.
- Ability to assess, prioritise incoming inquiries, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office 365 is required.
- Experience with Salesforce, Atlassian products or Microsoft Project would be valued.
Integrity, Courage, Accountability, Respect and Excellence form the basis of all we do. We measure our success not only on the outcomes but on the path we took to get there. We offer a flexible and positive environment where individual and team efforts are recognised and rewarded. The company is committed to a workplace which supports equal employment opportunities.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your CV and a covering letter which outlines your experience and suitability to this role. Eligible applicants must be a Permanent Resident or have legal rights to work in Australia
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 15 business days of their application.
Information Services and Nonprofit Organization Management