Coal Quality & Scheduling Officer
The Role: Coal Quality and Scheduling Officer, Marketing and Logistics Team (Newcastle, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Coal Quality and Scheduling Officer to join our Marketing and Logistics team based in Newcastle. This role will be accountable for supporting the Coal Quality Manager with scheduling and coal quality duties.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be primarily responsible for the coordination of the vessel schedule.
- Assist with quality management to ensure that contract specifications are delivered to our customers.
- Provide ad hoc support and coverage for organising inbound and outbound certificates, monitoring and resolving coal quality issues, managing blended cargos, data input to ERP systems, and assist with the preparation of vessel stems.
- This role will be required to assist in providing coverage after hours and on weekends, as an when required.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Coal Technical experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Availability outside of business hours
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
Project Management, Supply Chain, and Analyst
Mining & Metals