- Project Delivery: Understand client requirements, project scope and deliverables; Lead project delivery and client meetings under overall guidance of EM/ Senior management; follow Assess-Design-Develop-Deliver-Monitor process in various work modules of the project; project team management and coordination with internal and external stakeholders etc. Also, would manage vendor, Design & Delivery and Data Processing, maintain field schedules, monitoring and communicating deadlines to team; checking programmed questionnaires; monitoring and maintaining progress of fieldwork; specifying deliverable requirements; final review of member deliverables. Contribute to team process improvements
- Operational excellence: Ensuring project profitability, timely delivery of projects, invoicing and collection, quality & risk management, positive feedbacks from the client, etc.
- Business Development: Identification and development of work opportunities, client requirement analysis, development of EoI/proposals, client presentations, etc.
- Practice Development: Support and lead learning and development initiatives for the team/project/organization.
- Thought Leadership: Manage research, analysis and delivery of thought leadership reports (global and domestic) with guidance from senior team professionals
- Team Management: Manage a team of project managers and consultants who directly (or through other consultants) support the implementation of public health projects and supporting new business development. This would involve, but is not limited to, having 1-1 and weekly meetings with your team cluster, distributing workloads evenly to the team and ensuring optimal use of all team members through bandwidth reviews etc.
As lead, the primary role would be to manage & lead project work streams/modules and client interactions with support from Sr. consultants/ Consultants in team. Additionally, you would be coaching team on technical and management areas.
Eligibility criteria and requirements:
- At least a medical degree or a masters-level qualification (PhD preferred) in a health-related field
- Excellent understanding of health sector, public health structure, multi-laterals and health programs in Africa. Experience in one or more areas such as Maternal and Child Health, TB, Malaria, HIV, Non-Communicable Diseases, Healthcare Research would be an asset.
- Should have relevant experience of 10+ years working for a governmental, intergovernmental and/or non-governmental organization in health sector
- Prior consulting / advisory experience in public health sector in Africa is a desirable
- Prior experience of proposal development and managing projects for government clients and donor agencies. Experience with Africa CDC, Africa Union, UN agencies, The Global Fund, etc would be an asset
- Should have a flair for business development through proposal / grant writing and proactive outreach to the potential funders. Should be comfortable in making an elevator pitch to external stakeholders. Should be able to own and chase revenue and sales target numbers.
- Excellent project management skills with effective communication, team-management, problem-solving capabilities, as well as financial planning and management skills
- Excellent report writing skills in Word and expert-level presentation skills as well as thorough knowledge on the development of presentation deck in PowerPoint
- Willingness to handle multiple fast-paced projects, travel and adaptability to change
- Stay informed about research and trends in our program areas and in research and evaluation to inform our strategy accordingly.
- Ability to network with other institutions running similar programs to find areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Management and Manufacturing