CHIEF RISK OFFICER [CRO] – IRC204353
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CRO partners with the leadership team in defining and setting the Bank’s risk appetite, disseminating it throughout the organisation and making it consistent with the organisation’s overall strategy. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the board in its development and monitoring of the bank’s risk appetite and for translating the risk appetite into a risk limits structure.
- Drives the organisation’s risk maturity strategy
- Provides recommendations for strategic decisions based on findings from analyses and provides guidance on operational and market imperatives impacting the Bank’s finances.
- Knows the current business landscape and how it’s likely to be affected by emerging risk regulations, while maintaining focus on risk/return
- Needs to strengthen and institutionalize an appropriate risk culture; and the imperative to always be prepared for the unexpected.
- Facilitates consistent communication of risk appetites, sanctioned by the board and the risk committee, throughout the organization.
- Drives and participates in key decision-making processes commonly categories of strategic, reputational, operational, financial, or compliance related risks
- Accountable for enabling the efficient and effective governance of significant risks, and related opportunities, to a business and its various segments
- Accountable to the Executive Committee and The Board for enabling the business to balance risk and reward
- Responsible for the Bank’s risk management operations, including managing, identifying, evaluating, reporting and overseeing the firm’s risks externally and internally to the organisation and works diligently with senior management
- Provides the Bank with effective risk management strategies, tools and methodologies to minimize or prevent the risk of loss
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with regulations and laws governing business operations.
Qualifications & experience
- Relevant degree, CFA qualification, MBA qualification, or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- A registered member of a Professional Body or equivalent.
- 8 to 10 Years of risk management experience, including operational risk, regulatory risk,credit risk, in the financial industry
- Should have held a position in the mid-level management up to senior executive for their past qualification in the industry.
- Decision maker, Problem solver, Analytical ability & good numeric skills including use of automated solutions
- Ability to combine highly developed commercial, strategic, leadership and communication skills to be able to drive change and make a difference in the Bank
- Solid knowledge of corporate technology systems and networks.
- The right combination of charisma and leadership skills on all fronts: board, senior management, and, even the public domain.
- Ability to make firm, sometimes difficult decisions based on facts, criteria and disciplined, logical thinking
- Think globally, act locally
- Ability to build a stronger linkage between the board, CEO, Business Unit Heads and the risk committee.
- Must be dynamic, charismatic, and confident.
- Servant leadership principles
- Strategic influence
Interested applicants are requested to log onto https://www.firstrandjobs.mobi/Jobs/Detail?refNumber=IRC204353 and upload their curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) no later than 4th September 2021.
Gaborone, South-East, Botswana