Chief Operating Officer
POSITION: C.O.O/Head of Operation
LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for a COO/Head of Operation for our client, our client is one of the biggest supermarket chain in the east with 8 outlets in 2 states – Owerri and Port Harcourt.
The ideal candidate would be a commercially astute, highly strategic leader with a strong and intimate focus on the customer, with strong financial, excellent budgetary, forecasting and future planning skills. He/ She would oversee supply chain management, logistics and distribution across the organization, embracing full Profit & Loss accountabilities whilst continuing to build the logistics network to support international expansion and enhance customer engagement. The ideal candidate will provide Operational Leadership and Management to ensure accurate operational controls, measurement and reporting systems to support a safe, effective and reliable operation.
An ideal candidate would oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures, He/She would be a strong leader, capable of guiding the board in identifying and implementing a future vision and strategy, who is equally ambitious to make a dream reaching the next level of growth a reality
- Implementing and managing the operational budget
- Preparing, managing and communicating the operational strategy in support of the overarching company strategy
- Reviewing, developing and measuring key metrics for the operation.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer on all matters related to the business
- Ensuring continuous delivery of services through management of service level agreements with end users and monitoring performance
- Ensuring the operation adheres to applicable laws, audits, and regulations
- Ensuring all current safety security practices, protocols, testing, audits and education plans are developed, maintained and communicated across the organization
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the MD in all matters of importance
- Assist MD in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Manage retail operations as “Profit Center” in line with company’s sales objectives
- Develop & deliver sales budgets, forecast volume turnover and review all the key
- operations parameters periodically
- Manage all day to day operational issues in Retail outlets under supervision
- Strong leadership and direction to sales team (including their training & development)
- Experience in retail industry or hospitality
- University degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or Business Management
- Master’s degree would be an added plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel as business deems necessary
- Should have prior experience with a distribution based company.
- Should have track records of value creations in previous years.
- Must be good in strategy and operations and should have previous records of setting and accomplishing strategic drives and goals in org.
- Must be a great achiever who inspires people to achieve.
- Great leadership skills
- Will manage all the various modern parts of the company to ensure they’re going in one direction.
- Determine the strategic direction of the Organization.