Chief of Party, USAID/Malawi Integrated Health and Systems Strengthening Program
RTI is seeking Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated 5-year USAID/Malawi Integrated Health and Systems Strengthening program. The main purpose of the project is to accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child mortality and morbidity by increasing the capacity of the Malawi Government institutions and local organizations to introduce, deliver, scale up and sustain the use of evidence-based, quality maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) services, voluntary family planning (FP), and reproductive health (RH) care.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall project performance, management, and execution ensuring all project deliverables are exceptionally exceeded within budget and compliance for projects. The COP performs project planning, oversight and ensures strong and favorable client relations. The COP may perform technical assistance within the scope of the project and may also perform business development activities within country or region as directed. They will have overall responsibility for contract implementation and will serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Malawi on management and technical matters. They will ensure exceptional quality and timeliness of project deliverables within budget and compliance parameters.
– Responsible for providing leadership and overall management of a multi-disciplinary team to implement integrated health and health systems strengthening solutions to achieve project goals and objectives.
– Initiate and drive coordination with other program activities implemented by local and international health partners and donors, as well as the private sector.
– Hold primary responsibility for project performance and budget management.
– Leads planning, oversight and coordination of all project activities and personnel, operational and technical.
– Ensures all project deliverables exceed expectations and managed within budget.
– Manages client relations and serves as primary liaison and IDG Representative with the client and stakeholders regarding overall policy, resource mobilization and allocation, joint initiatives and coordination of project management and planning.
– Ensure internal integration of project activities through: 1) the annual work plan and budgeting process; 2) creating/maintaining an effective project management team; 3) overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system.
– Provide leadership and oversight for areas such as Finance, Operations, Reporting, Public Affairs, Fund Management and Human Resources; liaise with Regional Office and business partners per policy and practice.
– Responsible to ensure all staff receive adequate security and operational support and that Standard Operating Procedures are implemented.
– Manage all aspects of staffing and creating/maintaining a clear organizational structure with specific roles, responsibilities, and reporting lines.
– Ensure management systems are operational to track expenditures (including labor) and monitor same against the program work plan and budget, according to both company policy and client standards/regulations.
– Responsible for developing and implementing practices to ensure a high level of staff morale and retention.
– May participate in business development activities including meetings with prospective clients.
– Identify strategic opportunities for function and work with business development to market these opportunities.
– Prepare status reports, budget information and other documentation as needed.
– Develop and implement practices to ensure a high level of staff morale and retention.
– Remain in close contact with the home office, providing regular presentations and updates about the project’s progress.
– Other responsibilities as required and developed over the life of project.
Primary/Secondary Education, E-Learning, and Education Management