Chief of Party | Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Malawi
Banyan Global is recruiting a Chief of Party for an anticipated Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) platform for USAID/Malawi. The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical, contractual, and financial compliance and performance of services delivered under the award. The position is full-time, based in Lilongwe, and contingent on funding.
- Lead all project planning, implementation, and evaluation;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with and represent the project to USAID, implementing partners, host country officials, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Provide leadership in and oversight to performance and impact evaluations, sector assessments, baseline assessment, evaluation design and methodology, research and analysis, performance monitoring and evaluation capacity building, and collaborating, learning, and adapting;
- Proactively identify resources required by the project, including consultants and subcontractors, and develop scopes of work for the same;
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of all contract deliverables and work products;
- Directly or indirectly supervise all project staff and consultants;
- Ensure adherence to all relevant USG, Banyan Global, and host country rules, regulations, and laws, including those related to procurement and labor and employment; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirements
- At least 15 years of professional experience in international development, including field-based leadership positions;
- At least five years of experience related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning;
- Previous Chief of Party experience or equivalent (e.g., Team Leader, Country Director) on a USAID-funded award;
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID’s Program Cycle, monitoring and evaluation requirements, and collaborating, learning, and adapting principles; and
- Graduate degree in relevant field.
- Preferred qualifications
- Professional experience in Malawi; and
- Leadership experience on MEL platforms or similar programs.
Nonprofit Organization Management, Management Consulting, and Government Administration