Chief Financial Officer (Cluster 2)
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Chief Financial Officer (Cluster of markets in Caribbean)
Primary Objective Of The Job
An integral part of the Digicel Senior Management Team, the role of Chief Financial Officer is responsible for reporting the performance and financial controls of its market. It is also responsible for management of five (5) separate finance function; and reports to the group CFO. The CFO role provides an exciting, fast paced and challenging career opportunity for an experienced finance professional with excellent financial and astute commercial skills. You must have demonstrated your proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including to a Board of Directors.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and monitor the financial controls and procedures of the company and ensuring consistency of accounting policy and procedures.
- Recruit, train and ensure the day to day management of the Finance team.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the stakeholders through the Digicel Group structure.
- Actively participate in the company financial matters and maintain relationships with financial institutions.
- Operational cash-flow management and balance sheet control.
- Review and sign off of the monthly board reports.
- Present the monthly performance of the business to the board and develop initiatives to improve the business performance.
- Review and presentation of business plans for new projects
- Review annual budget for the market and 3 year strategic plan
- Ownership of budget management and direct control over market spend
- Prepare ad hoc reports for Group CFO & market CEO
- Provide a consolidated view of the cluster performance and support the requirements of all the stakeholders
- Have an understanding of international best practice tax principles and an ability to align accounting procedures to local laws
Academic Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified ACCA, CPA with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience working effectively in a matrix organisation
- Telecommunications experience is highly desirable.
- Emerging markets experience is desirable.
- Staff management experience is essential, as is a strong grasp of modern reporting systems.
- You must be willing and eager to contribute, as part of a senior management team, to the development of the markets in line with corporate objectives.
- The challenge will be to impose tight financial controls while ensuring the rapid growth of the company and work to tight timelines.
- Drive for results, sense of urgency, confidence, and passion for success are all attributes of the ideal candidate for this challenging and rewarding opportunity.
- Ability to make presentations of the financial results to the senior management team, Board of Directors and Shareholders.
- Previous/ Current international experience will be an advantage.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.