Chief Financial Officer
PwC East Caribbean
Our client, The Jamaica Tourist Board, is seeking an experienced CFO to provide direction, control and coordination of all financial management activities of the JTB and four overseas offices.
Conditions in all markets are demanding a commercial and pro-active approach to decision support information. Reporting to the Director of Tourism with a dotted line to the Audit & Finance Committee the successful candidate will need to bring a forward thinking approach, with a proven record of astute cashflow management. Key accountabilities are to:
- Provide support to the Director of Tourism and the Board of Directors by aligning financial reporting and management with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Provide financial guidance and business advise to senior managers that adds value to decision-making across all functional areas.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting and information to various stakeholder groups.
- Review financial systems and procedures to ensure effectiveness and institute new and/or upgraded measures for improved efficiency and soundness.
- Liaise with relevant Ministries regarding financial status -forecasts, results, variances and suggested improvements.
- Engage and strengthen the finance team to maintain a sound infrastructure of support.
- ACCA/CPA qualified, sound business acumen, technology savvy, with at least 8+ years working in senior management with sole responsibility for the finance function.
- A profile that demonstrates sound technical accounting knowledge and understanding of the necessary synergy between the operations and commercial/marketing functions.
- Solid experience in treasury, cost accounting and management.
- A proven ability to manage collaborative relationships.
- Strong organizational skills; highly responsive to issues.
- An acknowledged capacity to think on one’s feet, give informed and sound recommendations, being a trusted and proactive partner in decision-making.
- A confident communicator and agile thinker with sound judgment, who interacts comfortably at all levels.
If you possess the leadership, technical ability and resilience to fill this demanding role, please submit your resume and cover letter identifying your strengths relative to requirements by September 23rd, 2021 to:
Executive Selection Services
E-mail: [email protected]
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Finance and Accounting/Auditing
Accounting, Financial Services, and Hospitality