Chief Commercial Officer
POSITION: Chief Commercial Officer
LOCATION: PORTHARCOURT, NIGERIA
Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for an experienced Chief Commercial Director to add value growth activities for our client who owns one of the leading Supermarket outlets in Nigeria.
A commercial director with an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities and will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
Responsibilities: DELIVER COMMERCIAL VALUE PROPOSITION FOR THE GROUP RESPONSIBLE FOR MARGIN, BUILDING AND REVIEWING RELEVANT RANGE ACROSS ALL CATEGORIES, BULDING AN EXCELLENT VENDOR BASE, ENSURING COM[ANY GOALS ARE IMPLEMENTED AND ECHIEVED
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Analyze and assess various categories of products to determine which is fast moving and advises on which should be focused on.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Market study for visibility and viability of the brand
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Client Relationship Management: Developing contacts and relations brokers¸ corporate, and retailers for deals.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Strategy development for new city entry
- Research and draw up analytics for business mix at supermarket location
- Responsible for in-store strategic marketing (LSM) and promotions.
- Manage the Organization corporate identity and brand
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Overall responsibility for MARGIN growth and target achievement
- Identify strategic channel partners through analysis of market intelligence, competitive intelligence and pricing, business development activities, etc.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure successful execution of plans.
- Analysis of activity within the business to come up with the very best business plans and establish realistic and meaningful KPIs.
- Hire, coach, and manage a growing COMMERCIAL force.
- Analyze customer database and implementation of initiatives and business processes to improve customer service.
- Work closely with the COO to generate bottom-up and top-down sales forecasts (and providing regular reports on the status of the sales pipeline.) for the CFO
- Lead the product planning, budgeting, and revenue planning processes.
- Accountable for marketing strategy, planning, and execution
- Provide guidance on all sales and market analytics to influence decisions and track results.
- BSc in Business Administration, finance or relevant field is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ experience as commercial director (ideally in an FMCG/Hospitality/Retail industry)
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Must have experience working with super market VERY IMPORTANT
- Must be commercially and financially savvy
- Self driven and very organized
- Strategic business and marketing planning; product positioning.
- Excellent written communication skills including making impactful presentations.
- Excellent negotiation, persuasion, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to details and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong influencing and partnering skills.