Support high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade application design & development in agile teams by producing, testing, documenting & reviewing source code.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Interpret analysis, problem definition & business requirements to identify solution requirements (e.g. features)
- Produce well-organised and documented source code for technical solutions
- Apply technical organisation principles of self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience in technical solutions and code development
- Apply general design patterns and paradigms to deliver technical solutions
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Work with integrated teams and other developers to improve and evolve technical products and services
- Study & apply Group Architecture & Infrastructure guidelines to all development work
- Support reviews, performance monitoring & ongoing optimization and maintenance on applications
- Stay ahead of the curve on emerging technologies and development practices and continuously evolve existing knowledge & skill in preparation for exposure to Automation, Integration, Messaging, CI/CD etc.
- Update, create and appropriately store application documentation & technical specifications
- Provide application support
Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised
Engineering and Information Technology
Banking and Financial Services