CFO – Scaling Startup
Brave Venture Labs
About Our Client.
They created a chatbot to help you send money and pay bills, but they didn’t stop there. They realised that many people can’t access financial services across Nigeria and they wanted to help. They dug further to the real problem and decided to create an app for Agents.
They hope that regardless of the transaction you are trying to perform, whether you’re stranded in the urban city setting or chilling with friends and want to pay bills or you reside in an extremely remote part of the continent in need of a banking experience, know that they see you and they’re building for you. They are today making financial services accessible and affordable particularly to the banked, underbanked and unbanked. They’re working to change the banking experience for all of us.
About The Role….
The CFO often works closely with the chief executive officer (CEO) – leading functions such as financial planning, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, and liaising with investors to secure funding. You will track and manage metrics such as cash flow, in order to optimise the company’s performance against company-wide goals. As a leader, it’s important to have self-awareness of your limitations, take accountability, and be able to build high-performing teams. Learning, growth and mastering relationships are key to achieving and succeeding in all leadership roles.
- Provide leadership as the company’s top financial expert and peer partner on the executive management team.
- Help with strategy to scale from $20M+ ARR to $100million in 18-24 months post Series B. Being able to make fast and effective decisions, and develop robust financial models to secure the financial health of a business.
- Execute product and operation strategies to hit the right KPIs over the next 24 months, constantly align with the key initiatives of the team.
- Operating in a highly regulated industry, compliance is a constant focus across the business. Good with regulatory compliance.
- Encourage employees to instead see the value in new ways of doing things, to support the strength and longevity of the business.
Desired Experience And Skills
- Must have scaled a fintech, digital bank, payments company past $100m ARR
- Strong product & operation experience
- Compliance experience
- Experience in international markets; US, UK, Europe or Latam.
- Check: Square, Stripe, Monzo, Revolut, Wave, SendWave, Nubank etc.
The company needs to perform at 85% of its Quarterly KPIs. Starting date: Looking now with a 6-8months timeline.
Finance and Sales
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services