EAP FINANCIAL SERVICES
#Who we are
We are a new Fintech start-up based in Roodepoort, Johannesburg, that’s trying to make insurance not suck!
We are flipping traditional insurance on its head and offering a complete digital experience that’s fair, transparent, and affordable.
#Experience is important
We’re looking for someone who has 5+ years of experience in Microsoft development using ASP.Net, C#, SQL Server. You should consider yourself a pro – this is not a job for first-timers.
#Here’s who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a C#/.net guru, a technology-focused all-rounder who wants to work in an awesome, funded, and rapidly growing start-up!
You’re the kind of person who thrives on taking care of things the right way the first time. The kind of person that’s always willing to learn new things and to experiment.
You’re the kind of person that’s always willing to learn new things and to experiment – curious about anything from business trends and economic indicators to new languages or hardware developments.
Challenges excite and motivate you, and you have a knack for just figuring out how to solve problems without relying on others too much. When you’ve been given a task that seems impossible, you’ll try and make it work anyway, or figure out a realistic alternative that would solve the root problem just as well.
When you say “I’ll take care of it” we know it’ll be done well, you’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset.
#How we like to work
We are a small team, and we are passionate about tech and changing the insurance landscape. We want to make every part of the insurance experience easy and rewarding.
We are all working remotely for the time being, but when we do go back to the office – we are casual (come in shorts and slops every day if you want). We believe that the team succeeds when we work together, but individual team members must take responsibility for their tasks with both hands and just “get things done”.
Even, we things are «back to normal», in-office days will be limited, we are a proper tech start-up and have been working remotely for years now.
We create an environment where you have the freedom to take ownership of what you’re working on. You will get to be creative, choose how you want to solve problems, and just figure out how to do things better, not just be expected to follow orders.
We strive to get things right and we are going to make EAP Financial Services the greatest Fintech company in the country!
#Education & Qualifications Required:
– Matric / Grade 12
– Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other relevant tertiary qualifications
– Microsoft Certifications Advantageous
– Required Skills:
– We have a mobile app and a customer website (i.e. login and do what you need to do)
Solid knowledge of C# with
– REST API
– SQL Server
– Entity Framework
– Solid experience in designing and building applications
– Good knowledge of software design and programming principles.
– Proficient in using source control, either through Git or TFS
– Quality assurance practices using Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development, code review experience
– Set up and manage CI/CD on Azure and/or AWS
– Set up required services in azure and monitor them regularly
– Take charge of and be involved in deciding which technology stack you think would be best – and be willing to convince us as to why too.
– Liaise with our design and UX team members, front-end engineers, and app engineers to make sure that everything meshes together in a coherent and functional way.
– Keep build dependencies up to date
– Keep an eye out for any security vulnerabilities and squash bugs as soon as you find them.
– Keep up to date with the latest developments in the C# world, and let us know when anything new surfaces that would make the team’s or our customers’ lives easier.
– Occasionally speak with customers or our support staff when they get stuck with bugs or issues related to the backend system, and figure out the best way to avoid similar problems in the future.
– Document, test and refactor your code, or implement new features
– without breaking old ones.
– Work smartly, efficiently, and at a reasonable and comfortable pace, but be able to occasionally handle the pressures of tight deadlines and when we suddenly need to move fast and outmaneuver our competition.
#Bonus points if…
– Have any experience with .net core, Docker, Azure or AWS
– Any financial services experience is a big plus!