Business Support Associate (Evaluation Analyst) G6, Sunninghill, JHB (12 Month Renewable Contract)
World Food Programme
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To support Regional Evaluation Officer and other members of the Regional Bureau Evaluation team on crediable decentralised Evaluations.
Compile analysis of evaluation evidence and preparation and disemination of evaluation sumary reports; to enhance uptake and use evidence in decision-making, programme implementation and organizational learning (through linkage with knowledge management and monitoring units).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the Regional Evaluation Officer and other members of the RB evaluation team in providing technical support to country offices in planning, commissioning, and managing decentralised evaluations. This includes maintaining an up-to-date regional evaluation plan.
- Support WFP’s evaluation culture of accountability and learning, to enhance learning from and use of evaluation evidence in programme design and implementation.
- Review draft management responses to evaluation recommendations and provide feedback on the coherence of the proposed follow-up actions vis a vis the evaluation recommendations.
- Analysis of evaluation evidence and preparation of summaries of evaluation findings and recommendations; contribute to the dissemination of these learning products, working with knowledge management team to adapt messages to specific audiences and platforms.
Reflective Practice, Evaluation Capacity Development & Partnerships
- Keep abreast of methodological developments in evaluation and contribute to the adoption and use of methodologies and tools to support continuous improvement in evaluation practice.
- Participate in WFP evaluation community webinars or meetings and contribute to the sharing of experiences and development of good practices.
- Support WFP collaboration with counterparts from other UN organizations, Government institutions, academia as well as professional evaluation bodies to engage in discussing common Monitoring and Evaluation issues.
- Support and Contribute to the Evaluation Function Reporting.
- Work with the programme unit to identify their evidence needs and make suggestions on the extent to which these can be met through analysis of existing evidence and cases where there are gaps in evidence requiring commissioning of new evaluations.
- Provide inputs to the development of Monitoring, Review and Evaluation plans as well as the Vulnerability Assessment and Mapping (VAM)/M&E tool that provides detailed information on planned Monitoring exercises, reviews and evaluations over the course of a country strategic plan.
- Contribute to develop M&E capacity of WFP staff and partners as shall be required.
- Coordinate activities of junior staff, interns, volunteers and guide as required to enable high performance.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area
Experience: 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in roles related to Programme support and/or M onitoring and Evaluation, with at least 1 year of work directly related to Evaluation.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Systems : Experience with qualitative analysis software such as Atlas, NVIVO as well as very good experience with excel
Knowledge & Skills
- Specialised knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through technical training and work experience.
- Good communication skills in order to provide specialised business support services to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of specialised services.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- This is a 1 Year renewable Fixed Term Contract
- Net monthly salary range: R30,757 – R36,225
- Benefits: 30 days Annual Leave, Pension & Medical Insurance
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Monday, 20 September 2021, 11:59 South African Time
This position is only open to South African Citizens OR candidates with a South African Permanent Residence Permit
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
emploi,emploi cameroun,emploi définition,emploi quebec,emploi international
To see more jobs in Cameroon please visit Jobs in Cameroon.