Business Development Manager
About Style Sourcebook
Style Sourcebook is an online community helping renovators, decorators and interior designers bring their home ideas to life.
With a House & Garden marketplace of over 100,000 products and a “drag and drop” mood board tool, we enable our users to interactively mix and match their furniture and homewares to visually plan their product purchases. Our highly engaged Instagram community @stylesourcebook of over 58,000 design enthusiasts, then actively share their mood boards with their followers to get feedback on their ideas.
For our retailer customers, Style Sourcebook provides a way to build product awareness, drive product engagement and ultimately their increase their sales.
About the Business Development Manager role
The objective of the business development manager is to develop new business relationships with retailers and suppliers in the interiors industry to build the products listed on our website, and achieve our company revenue goals.
Create, optimise, and manage sponsorship packages
- Assess opportunities for additional sponsorship products that enable retailers to promote their brand and products to our interior design community across our marketing channels (website, email and social).
- Identify sponsors for our social media design competitions
- Work with marketing to create the supporting product and sales collateral
- Plan the go-to-market strategies to build awareness and generate new leads
Build our retailer and brand community
- Build strategic relationships with Marketing Directors at national retailers and suppliers in the interior design industry
- Plan initiatives both online and offline that establish a brand community
- Build loyalty and optimise customer retention
Achieve sales targets and revenue goals
- Develop sales acquisition and retention strategies
- Create and manage a strong opportunity pipeline
- Maintain relationships with existing channel partners to drive new sales opportunities
- Achieve quarterly revenue targets and KPIs.
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients
- A passion for interior design, furniture, and homewares
- You may have a background in architectural sales, interior design or experience working at an interior media publication.
- A natural communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- A pro-active, hands-on, team player
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Intermediate experience with the Microsoft suite to develop sales collateral, presentations and proposals
- Tertiary education in Marketing or Business discipline (highly regarded)
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience managing a pipeline, qualifying leads and closing large contracts
- A focus on increasing client satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
How to apply
Send us your CV and a tailored cover letter outlining:
- Why you would be interested in working at Style Sourcebook.
- How your experience would help us build relationships and drive revenue growth with suppliers in the interiors industry.