Business Data Analyst
The Financial Analytics team combines the functions of data analytics, business intelligence, and financial planning. We take an end-to-end view of the businesses’ operations and finances. The team has a wide variety of responsibilities: company-wide business intelligence, reporting, dashboard development, forecasting and budgeting, risk management, pricing, and decision support for various business units. We use complex modeling to build connective tissue between raw data and financial performance.
The Business Data Analyst will work in the business intelligence & data analysis segment of the team, focusing on our core business and complex data and forecasting projects.
Some of the projects this role will be responsible for:
- Exploring causes or trends to identify problems, opportunities and specific actions required
- Creating and maintaining data structures to support the needs of various teams within the organization, including Business Development, Finance and Accounting, Operations, and Marketing
- Improving efficiency through the use of automation tools to make information available on an ongoing and real-time basis
- Uncovering new opportunities to optimize and drive the business through data design, KPI definition, and business intelligence reporting
- Supporting sales, finance and operational departments with ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Ensuring integrity of financial models, reporting and databases
The position provides opportunities to work on challenging projects with virtually every team in the company. The position reports to the Analytics Sr. Director.
- 1-3 years of work experience as an analyst, or similar position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong SQL and Python skills are required
- Hands-on experience with reporting tools (Tableau) and statistical software (R, SAS) is preferred
- Ability to draw conclusions from raw data then summarize results quickly and efficiently
- Experience working with large data volumes required
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong writing and presentation skills
Some of the benefits of working @Squaretrade include:
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching, paid parental leave
- $80 per month connectivity reimbursement directly in your paycheck
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Flexible work schedules – some roles are hybrid allowing you to work from home a few days per week.
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy…we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer