Deerfield | Forewinds Hospitality
The Banquet Supervisor at Deerfield is responsible for assuring the success of all banquet events while maintaining a high quality product and exceptional service levels. This position requires exceptional client and guest service skills for weddings, parties, golf outings and special dining events. Additionally, it can include developing ways to promote new business, conduct staff training, increase revenues and maintain cost controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Review all written communication, i.e. BEO’s to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set ups.
– Communicate all changes within the Banquet Department and make adjustments according to the above items.
– Share information with the kitchen staff and other supporting departments prior to and during events. Will also assume a lead position with the planning and execution of dining events such as Sunday Brunch and specialty holiday functions.
– Will be responsible for high visibility, on-stage role with weddings, parties and special dining events requiring exceptionally positive attitude, engaging personality and attention to detail
– Maintain constant communication with the Catering Sales Team as it applies to the client’s needs.
– Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications.
– Should communicate all daily activities, in person or by log, to the other banquet personnel to ensure smooth transition and follow up from one function to another.
-Support strategic ordering and product acquisition, communicate with vendors and suppliers.
-Maintain all staff appearance and guest service standards as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
– Significant weekends and most holidays are required for work particularly within certain portions of the year.
– Will report to the Director of Food & Beverage Operations and General Manager
– College degree strongly preferred or equivalent scope of applicable practical experience (three to five years of food and beverage service background is required and prior hospitality management experience is preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
– Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
– Must have a working knowledge of types of room set ups, capacities, relation to type of event, etc.
– Excellent customer service and sales-related skills within a hospitality, food & beverage environment
– Aptitude and understanding of all key departmental administration duties
– Must have exceptional food and beverage knowledge, positive attitude and the ability to encourage and coach his/her teammates
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required while some catering software and POS system experience is preferred
– Must be highly organized, efficient, trustworthy and possess an enthusiastic spirit of hospitality
Please forward resume and cover letter to Wendy Wilroy, Director of Food & Beverage Operations via the Indeed email platform for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Fine dining restaurant
10 hour shift
12 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Meeting and exceeding all State of DE guidelines and requirements for COVID-19 prevention.
Driver’s License (Required)