Audit Experienced Staff – Banking – The Bahamas
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
We have excellent opportunities for Audit Experienced Staff to join our FSO Banking & Capital Markets team. You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your Key Responsibilities
You’re likely to balance your time between engaging with a team of assurance professionals across a portfolio of projects, and personally engaging with our clients. It’s the perfect role if you’re looking to diversify your professional skills and experiences, all while further developing your leadership skills.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Performing audit procedures, while developing effective, client-focused audit strategies
- Proactively building relationships that support our ability to provide tailored services that meet a wide range of assurance needs and contribute to new business development
- Identifying and reacting to potential risks and developing new ways to improve our products and processes that promote growth and increase revenue
- Continually updating your understanding of business trends and emerging technologies to maintain your reputation as a trusted business advisor
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, supported by a minimum of nine (9) months’ work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification, such as the US or Canadian CPA; applicants who are in process of writing their professional accounting exams but have yet to become fully licensed, will also be considered
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Confidence in your ability to prioritize when managing multiple projects simultaneously
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of current market issues in the Banking & Capital Markets sector
What We Look For
We’re interested in leaders who are creative and agile thinkers, with a genuine interest in improving our audit capabilities. You’ll also need to be a capable communicator both in the boardroom and across your team. If you have the technical and personal skills to understand our clients and provide excellent services every time, this role is for you.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Accounting/Auditing and Finance
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services