Audit Director, Trilogy (Remote) – $400,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
We believe that first-rate finance skills and exceptional business acumen should be fully utilized and amply rewarded. Whether you have progressed through the ranks of controller, corporate audit, FP&A, or a combination of finance functions, and are ready to take your next step, imagine a future where:
- You are a leader in a visionary finance group that is global and 100% remote. It operates 24/7 and consists of the top 1% of finance professionals in the world.
- Your finance organization is systems-first; your ERP is the single source of truth and spreadsheets are a relic of the past.
- Your team uses these capabilities to integrate newly acquired companies in one week instead of 12 months.
- The finance operation is “real time” – the books are in a closeable state at any time
- You are reshaping and reimagining what is possible for a finance organization within one of the largest privately-held software companies.
Welcome to the new way of working.
Trilogy is one of the largest privately-held software groups in the world and we are adding new companies to our portfolio weekly. Finance is the key driver of our business, not a back-office support function, and our centralized model demands the world’s best operational Finance platform. In this role, you will learn our secret sauce and refine the recipe.
Our group has been operating in a 100% remote/virtual setup for over 10 years. As other organizations fumble to implement remote work because of COVID, you can join the leader in running a global, remote finance operation. As experts, we will teach you the new skills you need to succeed in the finance organization that will become the standard in the next decade.
We run a systems-first finance organization and we hire systems-first leaders. We can rely on our ERP to provide accurate and up-to-date information, which allows us to generate financials with one click and scale our fully-remote operation that encompasses hundreds of companies. If you are a finance expert who loves working at the transaction level and could have been a programmer in a different life, this role is for you.
Join us if you want to supercharge your career while retooling your skill set for the future of work. You will learn about everything we have built over the past 10 years, and then help us take things to the next level.
You will love this job if:
- You love using and improving systems (instead of spreadsheets).
- You are excited about remote work.
- You love getting your hands dirty and doing the work while coaching your team to make their work even better.
- It doesn’t worry you that you need to retool your skills to build a finance organization that takes advantage of a remote-first, 24/7 capability.
And you’ll hate this job if:
- You want to run a well-oiled machine where you maintain the status quo. We are looking for leaders who will challenge the “way things are done” to create transformational changes.
- The thing you love most is managing people and delegating tasks. This is a hands-on role where your direct reports are scattered throughout the world. You’ll rely on written communication and design processes that enable the important work to happen with 80% fewer real-time interactions.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be determining the most critical changes to improve our fully-remote, 24/7 Finance organization. You will do this by rolling up your sleeves to deeply understand your world-class team’s work within our systems, providing feedback to make your team’s work even better, and using your insights to determine the most significant changes that will allow our cutting-edge finance operations to provide true business value. You will be making evidence-based decisions that create tangible impacts.
Our senior leaders get into the details and use their finance knowledge to do the work needed to improve our operation.. This is the role for you if you have been wanting to take the next step in your career without having to become a project manager, delegate away the most important work or lose your technical expertise.
We have just launched our latest innovation – 24/7 teams of globally distributed finance professionals working in 4 shifts. This means nobody is ever waiting on our finance team and results come nearly 4x faster than traditional models. Our books can remain in a daily state of close vs. waiting 1-2 weeks after the end of the month. These are the types of innovations that are enabling us to expand our M&A strategy to integrate 1-2 companies a week into our group, while best in class is barely 1 per month. You will be a key player in designing and enabling the finance organization of the future.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Spending most of your time in meetings
- Managing managers; instead you will review work and provide coaching
- Project management and HR tasks
Audit Director Key Responsibilities
- You won’t be managing a team in the traditional sense but you will provide coaching to a 50+ person team dedicated to a specific function within our Finance organization.
- Design and redesign the work your team produces to optimize it for our remote-first, 24/7 Finance operation
- Generate insights and make decisions that drive us to achieve our goal of integrating one company per week and having the books closeable at the click of a button
- Accounting, Finance, Economics or Math/Science degree
- Qualified as a CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or MBA
- Experience in a senior finance or accounting role in a USD $100M+ organization
- Worked on at least 10 audits as a client or auditor with a Big 4 Accounting firm
- Led 2+ major ERP system migration projects
- Great working knowledge of Oracle NetSuite
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3652-UG-Kampala-AuditDirector.016
Accounting/Auditing, Business Development, and Finance
Accounting, Banking, and Financial Services