Assurance Talent Consultant (APAC) – Assistant Director
This role is a member of the Global Service Line(SL) Talent team and will work flexibly to support the Global SL Talent Leader and/or SL Talent leader priorities to provide Talent advice to the business and to ensure key stakeholder relationships are managed effectively. The role will help SL Talent leaders to understand business strategy, priorities and workforce requirements and to provide advice on Talent matters, including: workforce planning, business-led change (e.g. M&A, new SSL practices) and capture business needs to ensure that Talent function services/solutions deliver business value
The role will work closely with the SL Talent Leaders to support delivery of Talent processes, and to optimize Area relationships and connections with Region SL Talent teams in order to: collate business needs/issues, share best practices, champion Talent initiatives.
Your Key Responsibilities
As directed by SL Talent leaders, work flexibly to support effective business partnering with one or more business stakeholder groups (e.g. Area SL Leaders or Sub Service Line/s etc) and/or work to address particular business priorities
Work closely with the SL Talent leaders and business leadership to understand Talent/workforce agenda and deliver Talent priorities
Provide support to the SL Talent Leader or STC to advise on strategic Talent workforce matters, including: workforce planning, retention, skills/competency development and business changes (including: integration, M&A, new practice creation, workforce growth/reduction). Use data analytics to provide insight on trends, potential areas for concern and to inform solutions
- Assist the SL Talent leader and/or STC to understand business needs, assess issues and make recommendations, work to ensure issues or opportunities are presented to the Talent functions to ensure services/solutions are effective to address SL needs
- Ensure effective delivery of Talent management processes for the SL level (e.g. Talent acquisition, development and management) working closely with Talent functions as required
- Collaborate with Talent function colleagues (where required) to support effective delivery of Talent process, policies and best practices in the SL (e.g. D&I and Total Reward) to champion and promote diversity and well-being
- Work closely with the SL Talent Leader in an Area to manage effective relationships and communications with Region SL Talent teams. Facilitate and participate in networks to: communicate SL business and Talent strategy, share best practices, identify needs/opportunities for Talent change and to collaborate to resolve problems that will enhance Region SL Talent delivery
- As directed by the SL Talent leaders, help facilitate change and support the implementation and successful adoption of Talent-led projects and initiatives in the Regions
- As required, help to resolve ad hoc urgent Talent queries pertaining to an assigned stakeholder group or raised by Region Talent teams. Where required, prepare presentations and reports as requested by business leadership
- Leverage experience across Talent ecosystem to provide guidance and address talent matters.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Extensive experience in a closely related role as a business partner or strategic advisor in Talent
- Significant experience of interpreting business strategy and championing the successful execution of strategic priorities
- Significant experience of operating and influencing across multiple levels of an organization
- Credible trusted advice to senior business leaders to address challenges, diagnose root causes of performance gaps and recommend options
- Experience of influencing and communicating challenging messages between the business and talent teams where necessary
- Significant experience of leading global virtual teams/networks
- Experience of leading change working effectively with project resources to deliver required outcomes
- Significant experience of coaching leaders through the embedding of change initiatives in global, matrix organizations (such as EY)
- Strong experience of sponsoring or acting as subject matter representative on projects
- Significant experience of working in fast-paced, ambiguous, stressful environments to deliver required results
- Due to global nature of the role; travel and willingness to work alternative hours will be required
- Due to global nature of the role; English language skills – excellent written and verbal communication will be required
What We Look For
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter with a positive can-do attitude who takes ownership and responsibility of their work. You should enjoy learning new things in a rapid changing environment with many deliverables and competing priorities and stakeholders.
What Working At EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
It’s owning your career, shaping your future and becoming the leader you want to be.
It’s how together we build a better working world, because better begins with you.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services