Associate – Mobile Field Technician
Liberty Latin America
What You´ll Do
- To assist in performing, installation, commissioning, testing, operations and maintenance of company & customer systems/equipment in accordance with the relevant accepted standards for the equipment to include work done by company staff and contractors.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain how it is to be used, and respond to any inquiries or complaints.
- Test circuits and components of malfunctioning telecommunications equipment to isolate sources of malfunctions, using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes, and other hand tools.
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning.
- Collaborate with other workers to locate and correct malfunctions.
- Remove loose wires and other debris after work is completed.
- Repair or replace faulty equipment such as defective and damaged wires, switching system components, and associated equipment.
- Maintain computer and manual records pertaining to facilities and equipment.
- Remove and remake connections to change circuit layouts, following work orders or diagrams.
- Clean and maintain tools, test equipment, and motor vehicles.
- Perform database verifications, using computers.
- Request support from technical service centers when on-site procedures fail to solve installation or maintenance problems.
- Analyze test readings, computer printouts, and trouble reports to determine equipment repair needs and required repair methods.
- Assist in monitoring & assessing systems alarms, logs and fault reports; identifies existing & potential trouble areas and promptly takes appropriate action to resolve.
- Assist in coordinating with other departments, subscribers and relevant third parties to achieve objectives.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to ensure the accuracy of all relevant company records and databases.
- Use accepted procedures for the prompt reporting and/or escalation of troubles to the next level of maintenance or supervision.
- Assist in providing technical and outage reports and all other correspondence in a timely manner.
- Assist in performing routine tasks such as backups and other related procedures to ensure proper business continuity and disaster recovery processes are completed for company and customers.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with manufacturers and company’s standard operating procedures/best practices.
- Assist in ensuring timely execution of work orders, fault dockets and any other related job directives in accordance with relevant SLAs.
- Assist in order processing for material procurement.
- Adhere to all relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties related to the foregoing.
- To assist in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with company’s management team and colleagues.
- User community across the Caribbean region.
- Cross-functional technical teams across the Caribbean region.
- Demonstrates high proficiency in resolving most complex problems with all Cell Site components, including transmission facilities that connect to the Mobile Switching Center.
- Able to train others and give technical assistance when called upon.
- Assumes 24 hour on call duty when assigned.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Builds relationships with external vendors and consultants for products and services; internal and external customers; 3rd Party Contractors and other entities and other members of staff and the general public.
- Supports the Unit’s activities in implementing new projects and services
- Ensures that all work performed within prescribed policies and that procedures are effectively followed and implemented.
- Supports the development, implementations and maintenance of the overall plan for the area for the delivery of system enhancements and modifications (on time and within budget).
- Assists in keeping Business Partners informed regarding operations and administration, maintenance and provisioning.
- Other functions.
Knowledge & Experience
- High School Diploma, and/or Technical Vocation Certificate in Electronics or Computer Networking.
Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of basic network technology and electronics.
- Basic diagnostic skills.
- Computer Proficiency.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of BTCs mobile and IP network.
- Good understanding of network appliances, servers and operating systems.
- Good understanding of using console access, telnet, SSH, web, FTP as interface to appliances.
- Ability to use, manipulate data and run reports in spreadsheets.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Repairing – Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Information Technology and Services, Telecommunications, and Financial Services