Associate, Client Relations (Anglophone West Africa)
The Associate, Client Relations (Anglophone West Africa) will assist the company achieve its mission by developing opportunities for business development in trade projects and export development finance at the regional level.
The job holder will be responsible for business analytics, the implementation of business plans, client account plans and strategies and managing risk within portfolio.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Preliminary review of client’s requests/proposals with specific focus on Oil and Gas Reserve Base Lending, Oil and Gas Contract Finance, Downstream Commodity Trading and Power, Oil and Gas license bids; Asset Finance (drilling rigs, tankers, tug boats, offshore support vessels) to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria, culture and industry trends.
- Assist with review, analysis, and sensitivities of supporting Financial Models.
- Assist with collecting information and development of Basic Information Reports.
- Assist with the development of indicative term sheets and Pre-Assessment Memos under the supervision of AWAF Client Relationship Managers and Product teams.
- Assist with development of terms of reference, RfPs for relevant technical, commercial, insurance and environmental due diligence for requested facility under the supervision of Anglophone West Africa Client Relationship Managers and Product teams.
- Assist to build strong relationships with National Oil Companies, International Oil Companies, Independents and Marginal Field Operators, Commodity Traders and Regulators within the Anglophone West Africa.
- Assisting the Anglophone West Africa Client Relationship Managers in creating Marketing and Account plans to address clients’ business needs and increase business development.
- Support the Client Relationship Managers in client meetings, conferences, seminars and developing presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known.
- Ensuring a strong knowledge of the Bank’s products.
- Manage onboarding, KYC initiation/renewal and the account opening processes with the relevant Relationship Managers.
- Work with the Client Relationship Managers in managing the Bank’s CRM platform (Salesforce) as the “Salesforce Champion” to ensure transactions are at the right stages.
- Generate necessary reports on Salesforce for all internal stakeholders to provide them with regular update about their pipeline, disbursements, performance and required action.
- Prepare meeting minutes, Call Reports, Terms of Reference and Back to Office Reports.
- Assist in organizing Roadshows, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars and Trainings.
- Assist with producing relevant reports and support for Business Committee Meetings.
- Work with other team members across the Bank to ensure timely processing of transactions.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Line Manager and Senior Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of the company’s mandate.
- Good knowledge of banking practices in Africa.
- Ability to speak French, Arabic and Portuguese is an added advantage.
- Good relationship and people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and Postgraduate Degree in Business, Banking, Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 3 years sound experience with a leading Financial Service.
Customer Service and Information Technology
Human Resources, Management Consulting, and Financial Services