Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Discover the legendary chic of The Ocean Club, combining elevated Four Seasons service with laid-back Bahamian style – creating one of the most sought-after resort experiences in the Caribbean.
On a stretch of natural white sand beach, our resort offers 107 ultra-luxury accommodations, a Balinese-inspired spa, and dining by Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
The Ocean Club has a treasured history serving generations of luxury travelers. Expansive lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island.
The Ocean Club offers a rich roster of activities including water sports such as snorkeling, sailing and wind-surfing along with land-based activities including world-class golf and tennis plus a relaxing spa.
The Role of the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
The role of the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage is to plan, organize, direct and control the work of employees and managers in the in the Food & Beverage Division while ensuring exceptional service and attention to guests.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline employees and managers in multiple Food & Beverage operations and outlets to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control while focusing on creative revenue generation solutions to maximize profit.
- The ability to be visible in the operation, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new patrons.
- The ability to work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Performs all reasonable duties requested by management.
Knowledge And Skills
Education: College degree/Hospitality Certifications preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: Three to five years previous experience in multiple food & beverage department head positions.
Skills and Abilities: Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
This is an exciting time to join The Ocean Club, a Four Seasons Resort.
Applicants that are interested in applying, please note that the position is based on The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort Property located in The Bahamas and is available to those individuals who possess a legal ability to work in The Bahamas without sponsorship.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism and Hospitality