Assistant Brand Manager – Dolce Gusto & StarBucks
Based in Bryanston, you’ll be part of a small family of Marketing Professionals, meaning you will always have the opportunity to share your successes and ask for support when necessary. You’ll be working alongside some of the best in the industry, in a team of truly diverse professionals. This role will allow the successful candidate to fully utilise their core Marketing Competencies, to execute innovative brand and business strategies which create value, delight consumers, build strong brands and deliver sustainable profitable growth
A day in the life of…
- You’ll also have to understand category dynamics and identify ways to improve your brand’s performance in short, medium and long term.
- You may be the custodian of your brand, but teamwork is key. You’ll work cross functionally to assist in developing budgets, new product timelines, trade activities, volumes, pricing, promotion, media support and A&P spend.
- Once you’ve had the updates in the office, now it’s really your time to shine. You do what you do best, by assisting in the development of brand plans, activity grids for planned new products and key promotional initiatives. A big responsibility is developing marketing plans that bring brand to life through. This may be through digital or traditional channels.
- In between your planning, you’ll assist in putting together an overview of your category, as well as plans to drive Category share performance and financial KPI’s at least twice per year to the Business Executive Manager
- At all times you assist in the review your brand’s pricing strategy and make recommendations for periodic price increases based on brand strategy and an internal financial analysis review
What Will Make You Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business related focus / Honours preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years brand management experience (preferably in a FMCG environment) with a reasonable amount of exposure to the core Marketing competencies: consumer insight, go-to-market strategy, budget & planning, business & financial management, new product development, digital media & an understanding of the trade and key commercial principles.
- Demonstrated success in leading relevant projects from end to end, with a key focus on brilliant execution metrics and the delivery of business result
Advertising and Marketing
Consumer Goods, Food & Beverages, and Food Production