Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Primary Objective Of The Job
Monitoring and controlling the assets from a financial perspective, ensuring asset transactions are accuratey recorded and insight is applied to the decision making process.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Complete asset capitalization, disposal and transfer recording process
- Perform accurate recording of all asset transactions including addition, depreciation, retirement and sale of assets
- Perform accurate recording of adjustment to asset details (useful life, asset transfer, reclassification etc.)
- Assist Project Accountants in the accurate capitalization of assets from CIP projects
- Ensure all asset accounting events are accurately recorded in the GL
- Perform timely period close of the asset register, periodic copy to Tax Books and ensure accurate reporting for month-end and quarter-end
- Perform reconciliation analysis FA postings to balance sheet/P&L accounts
- Review and record transactions of gain and losses upon asset disposal
- Review capitalizable transactions and determine alignment to policy, appropriate General Ledger coding and description of asset
- Prepare reports basis the financial calendar including month, quarter, year-end, and planning cycles
- Validate Accounting information during system upgrade and interface maintenance
- Process Intercompany asset transfers
- Interacts closely with Finance Business Partners within market, Tax and Record to Report process teams
Academic Qualifications And Experience Required
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, or any other related field
- Professional accounting qualification preferrable
- Previous demonstrable and relevant asset accounting/ general accounting/project accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting practices and various ledger systems
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong relationship building skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple departments and department heads.
- Ability to influence business and finance colleagues and think long term
Functional Skills And Abilities
- Specialized skills and deep knowledge of Acquire to Retire process area
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Clear communication
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.
Accounting/Auditing and Finance