Area Manager Cameroon Maroua
NRC Europe - Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC has been operational in Cameroon since 2017, and currently has five field offices; Maroua and Kousseri in the Far North; Buea in the South-west; Bamenda in the North-west and Batouri in the East. NRC maintains a coordination office in Yaounde.
Role And Responsibilities
The Area Manager will maintain the highest degree of representation at the field level, ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation in NRC’s areas of operation in the Far North region of Cameroon.
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions in the area.
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG).
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Provide area specific input on Core Competence strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- Organize grants opening, review and closure meetings at area level.
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Contribute to planning and implementation of needs assessments including of protection risks and needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans.
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies.
- Represent NRC and networking at area office level.
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area, including completing security risk assessments.
- Overall responsibility of managing all NRC activities in the Area office and sub-office
- Responsible for area specific master support budget (shared resource allocation),
- Accountable for maintaining financial overview and ensure financial reporting is conducted (support & project)
- Responsible for access negotiation for both NRC staff and local partner staff to ensure timely aid delivery
- Spearhead the strategy design at the field level, implementation and monitoring of the same.
- Oversee assessments for new areas of operation, outline possible areas of intervention, and develop program strategy for implementation
- Support the development of concept notes, project proposals, and budget development for scale-up of NRC activities in the Area
- In conjunction with Country Office, liaise with donors on new funding and operational areas of programming
- Liaise regularly with local authorities, donors and humanitarian actors in the area of operations;
- Provide regular inputs into advocacy initiatives
- Ensure capacity building initiatives are in place and that staff receive the necessary training
- Ensure work and development plans are completed by all staff members in the area of operations and performance feedback sessions are conducted on a minimum of quarterly basis
- Ensure NRC’s data collection systems are in place and information is properly stored and analyze
Generic Professional Competencies For This Position
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Central Africa (Cameroon will be an added value) is an asset.
- Experience with scaling up of humanitarian programs in strictly controlled context is an asset.
- Experience in humanitarian programs in international sanctions context is an asset.
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills. Demonstrated knowledge of protection mainstreaming and Accountability to Affected Populations
- Demonstrated experience in representation and advocacy
- Strategic thinking
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimize results
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 24 months fixed term contract renewable subject to funding
- Grade 10 in NRC scale
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
The role is open to national and international candidates who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
Find The Full Job Description Here .
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 04/10/2021
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
emploi,emploi cameroun,emploi définition,emploi quebec,emploi international
To see more jobs in Cameroon please visit Jobs in Cameroon.