Analyst GIS Junior
Purpose Of The Position
To provide support to the GIS senior specialist in maintaining critical spatial data products, supporting the development, rollout and maintenance of GIS apps and tools, performing spatial and statistical analyses and developing new analysis algorithms to support business decisions.
Min Education Required
- Completed post-graduate degree (Hons.) in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Environmental Science or Statistics with exposure to GIS software.
- Statistics and/or programming courses/qualification
Minimum Years Experience
- 2-3 Year of GIS experience
- Familiarity with ESRI software, focusing on spatial analysis; experience with automation and machine learning would be beneficial
- Statistical analysis
- Remote sensing
- Good understanding of relational databases
Responsibilities / Kpas
- Assist with spatial data analysis and creation of derived spatial data products.
- Develop analysis, data exploration and visualisation tools such as maps, apps, dashboards.
- Provide support on the ArcGIS Enterprise platform – updating and maintaining of supporting data and assisting with the development of new maps and apps
- Develop tools to assist with the automation of routine tasks within the GIS department, improve ETL processes and data maintenance
- Prepare, clean and maintain data and databases and ensuring that data meets all data management criteria
- Spatial Data edits, including Replication updates to core spatial data in GIS database, topology verification of spatial edits and replication process into centralised GIS database:
- Run PMi Spatial Tools synchronisation process to synchronise GIS and PMi databases
- Supply feedback and change detail to Planning function
- Monthly Reporting on works program projects and ad hoc tasks, indicating all edits that have occurred
Job Competencies / Attributes/Skills – Essential
- All statutory and regulatory requirements
- Strong GIS skills
- Good spatial data management practices
- Ability to perform analyses based on sound scientific reasoning
- Valid Driver’s license
- Self-starter with the ability to perform research on new techniques, technology and analytical methods and implement them
- Good problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Oil & Energy, and Human Resources