Analyst / Associate – Energy Transition Team – Commodities Markets and Finance
Join us as a pivotal force behind Macquarie’s Commodities and Global Markets business’ energy transition program as an Energy Transition Team Analyst /Associate.
As the world transitions to a lower-carbon future, Macquarie is helping industries and companies meet their renewable energy needs, strengthen infrastructure resilience, and support decarbonization. We are already very active in this global transition, with a long track record of developing innovative client solutions across carbon and emissions, renewable and flexible power, clean fuels, and sustainable transport. To evolve and connect our energy transition efforts globally and increase its participation in this space, our Commodities and Global Markets business established its Energy Transition Steering Committee (ETSC) in early 2021 with leaders from across the business.
This opportunity will give you direct exposure to senior business leaders across Macquarie and will report directly to Energy Transition Global Lead Coordinators and Executive Directors.
You will also work closely alongside members of Macquarie’s Business Improvement & Strategy team that has been supporting the overall energy transition program to-date. You will be “staffed” on one or more “projects” to support or drive commercial, strategic and/or operational initiatives that are priorities for the team and business. These initiatives could range from helping to stand up a new business, analysing our current energy transition activities, conducting market research, or coordinating regional and thematic working groups, among a wide range of other possible projects.
You will be highly entrepreneurial, and eager to identify, drive, and commercialize opportunities to support our clients’ decarbonisation pathways. Eventually success in the role may lead you to opportunities to move into and help develop one of the newly created energy transition businesses / verticals over the medium term, with the possibility to take on a more significant leadership role over time.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis, including familiarity with financial modelling and proficient at Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency with PowerPoint
- Organised, structured and detail oriented, able to develop and execute on a plan, with project management experience a plus
- Comfort working in a flexible and dynamic team environment
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and apply this knowledge in practice
- Strong sense of ownership for delivering excellent results
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high motivation
- Passion about Energy Transition, and prior energy-related knowledge or experience is a plus
If you would like to play a part in the ideation, product development and product rollout of our new energy transition program we would love to hear from you, please apply now.
Research, Analyst, and Other