What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
We Are Looking For Someone With
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 7+ experience in the life insurance industry; Past experience in modelling and valuation would be an asset; understanding of regulations and familiarity in the manner of operations of the business unit is a big plus.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with experience in applying actuarial concepts to independently model and analyze actuarial financial metrics; Experience with Axis modeling and VST principles would be an asset
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, concepts and results to various stakeholders, whether written and oral
- Demonstrated ability meet tough deadlines, clearly set own priorities and inspire/motivate the team
- Able to work in an evolving and dynamic environment and resilient to pressure;
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and has demonstrated team collaboration
- Leadership and coaching experience
- Passion to grow and driven to be recognized as a trusted business partner
- Willing to work day shift
On The Job You Will
- Develop, validate and implement model changes, (such as basis changes, new products, and other model enhancements) into our production models following VSSC Model Change Management guidelines, ensuring models are up to VST modeling principles
- Monitor and manage the successful execution of our quarterly controls such as reserve movement analysis, audit logs, inclusion controls, upstream report validation for the Source of Earnings, New Business Embedded Value and Canadian/Local capital.
- Support business units with various annual and ad-hoc projects such as Basis Changes & Regulatory Requirements/Changes and annual audit requirements.
- Effectively communicate the status and results of the changes to country lead and local Business Units;
- Identify and implement solutions to improve the VSSC tools, processes and general framework
- Support more junior members with their tasks and ensuring accuracy, soundness and timeliness of their deliverables;
- Measure, manage and monitor the performance of junior members within the team. Work with MBPS Function Lead in ensuring talent development of team members and engagement of the team through execution of MBPS initiatives.
Our commitment to you
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ph.linkedin.com.