The successful candidate will have the following accountabilities:
- Lead and inspire a team of talented actuarial associates, ensuring that the team is well supported and is continually building their capabilities
- Provide thought leadership around pricing concepts to the team as they support key projects across the company
- Collaborate with business partners, including Pricing Officers, to manage and monitor MBPS team performance, while continually looking for opportunities to further expand MBPS capabilities
- Collaborate with other Actuarial function leaders to develop and drive strategies that buildup team capabilities and positions MBPS as the actuarial center of excellence of Manulife
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics ,
- 8+ years of experience in the life insurance industry with deep understanding of insurance products and actuarial assumptions used to price products and value capital and future liability;
- Associateship designation in an actuarial society (SOA, ASP)
- Strong leadership skills – you will be asked to build, engage and inspire your team to meet challenging business goals
- Effective collaborator and influencer with the ability to build constructive and effective relationships across large organizations.
- Strong communication skills and client service orientation to effectively work across multiple-geographies and manage various stakeholders
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
Antas ng seniority
Uri ng trabaho
Function sa trabaho
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ph.linkedin.com.