Cidel Bank and Trust is an international financial services group, designing and implementing customized financial solutions to help clients build, preserve and transfer wealth. With a strategic network of operations in Canada and internationally, Cidel’s broad range of investment, trust and structuring capabilities provide clients with solutions that are global, innovative, transparent and compliant. The Client Accounting department is currently seeking a suitably qualified individual for the following temporary position:
ACCOUNTANT (1 Year contract)
The Accountant will be responsible for the maintenance of client financial records and preparation of financial statements and management reports as requested by trust and corporate clients.
- Prepare periodically (monthly, quarterly or annually) the necessary journal entries to capture and properly record client financial activity. Perform necessary reviews and reconciliations to ensure that general ledgers are a complete and accurate record of financial activity in accordance to the appropriate accounting standards for clients.
- Where necessary, maintain sub-ledger and support schedules for significant assets or liabilities and reconcile these supporting records to the related general ledger accounts.
- Work with external professional advisors, where necessary, in the keeping of correct, complete and properly valued accounting records for asset portfolios, major liabilities and their related revenues or expenses.
- Prepare client financial statements, and where appropriate, the related notes on an annual basis (or more frequent basis if requested).
- Where statements are to be audited, coordinate with the auditing firm and prepare the audit schedules as required ensuring the timely completion of the annual audit.
- Ensure the tax filing is performed, depending on the client jurisdiction.
- Maintain a record of time spent on servicing a client to facilitate the generation of time based billing.
- Plan, with the department manager, the weekly and monthly scheduling of client services to ensure that the timing and duration of the work effort is job appropriate. Work to maximize efficiency in order to recover time spent in billing to clients.
- In conjunction with the department manager, evaluate client accounting needs and ensure our services are appropriate in the circumstances.
- Any other related or ancillary duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field and five years’ relevant work experience in an Accounting role.
- A professional Accounting designation (ACCA, CGA, etc.), or at minimum be at an advanced stage of attaining the qualification.
- Knowledge of financial markets and instruments would be an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Exposure to private banking administrative procedures and Bloomberg system would be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Logical, analytical and pro-active thinker.
- Maturity and discretion to handle confidential matters.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced global banking and investment environment.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects.
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita bb.linkedin.com.