Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
What You’ll Do / Key Responsibilities
As an Account Manager, you will support business growth, profitability, and retention by developing and maintaining an effective account management strategy specifically for the clients in your block of business. Assigned groups will typically include cases over 500 lives with complicated plan designs, sensitive administrative issues, and groups assigned to key producers.
In this role, you will d evelop and manage relationships with key policyholders and producers through occasional on-site visits, professional negotiation, responsive communication, problem resolution, and exceptional customer service. Work with customers to understand their concerns and act as a liaison between The Standard and the customers to initiate plan improvements and resolve administrative inconsistencies.
You will be actively involved with the Sales Rep and/or National Accounts Consultant in the acquisition, submission and implementation of National Accounts cases and Regional Accounts cases over 500 lives. Lead and coordinate the submission, set up and installation of assigned new groups with the policyholder, producer and home office. Facilitate the enrollment process, which may involve preparation of enrollment materials, conducting enrollment meetings, or being present at benefit fairs.
Regular Duties May Include
- Recommending coverage or contractual changes to appropriately reflect customer needs
- Manage the amendment process for assigned accounts
- In partnership with the assigned Sales Rep. & Underwriter, monitor renewal activity and present renewals with a customized strategy to retain the account
- Identify and promote the sale of additional lines of coverage or plan improvements on assigned block of business whenever possible
- Promote new product offerings and new product features
- Serve as mentor with all service & sales employees
The Skills & Background You’ll Need
- Proven ability to develop effective business relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills
- Problem solving, decision making, and analytical thinking consistent with company objectives
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Life and Disability insurance license. License must be obtained within 6 months of hire date
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in group insurance administration, benefits, or underwriting
- Moderate travel to clients in IL and WI is required
- Knowledge in absence management is highly preferred
Traits of a Successful Candidate
In addition to hiring against the job responsibilities and requirements, our successful candidates clearly demonstrate the following key characteristics in their work
- Exceptional customer service. Willing to go above and beyond and act as a true partner
- Collaborative and accountable
- Driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities
What You’ll Get From Us
- Opportunity to hit the ground running, assert your expertise, and work directly with key accounts in WI and IL
- Strong, competitive benefits package – 9% employer contribution to 401(k)!
- A culture invested in the personal & professional growth and development of each team member
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
Sales and Business Development
Information Technology and Services, Insurance, and Financial Services